English-Home - Default
The Home Page in English
04/14/2021 - New collection: Read here!
- The first volume of the five volume "Spirituality" collection is here!
- I am very happy to present you, dear visitor, this series of books about Spirituality in general. The whole collection acts like a kind of handbook for all the spiritual aspirants who are desirous of attaining the goal of life: Liberation from never-ending suffering. These books are being published in several volumes. In them, from volume to volume, I, little by little, increase the depth and difficulty of my teachings. Why? In order to give you a very systematic spiritual knowledge by including more and more Sanskrit, more and more quotes from different scriptures accompanied with my detailed explanations, and such. I am making this great effort for two reasons: To reconnect spiritual aspirants with their own Self and to make Trika Shaivism knowledge up to date and fully alive. These books are therefore a complete encyclopedia of Spirituality. Systematizing this divine spiritual knowledge in my usual consistent manner, I explain at first everything in a very simple way. Next, I start to gradually increase the difficulty. On that account, my teachings will be understandable to spiritual aspirants of different degrees, since the complexity will increase from volume to volume in a gradual way.
- I also continue with the translation of my books into Spanish: Svādhyāya -Chanting book- (completed and now under review). Yajñagītapustakam -Chanting book for the ritual of worship- (completed and now under review). Trikamukhyamatāni -Main principles of Trika Shaivism- (completed and now under review). Parabhairava-yoga-saṁsthāpana-pracodanam -Foundational principles of Parabhairavayoga- (42 % completed so far - in full process of translation right now).
03/22/2021 - New translations: Read here!
- My wife and collaborator, Natalia Ambikā, has translated the first ten aphorisms of the third chapter in Spandanirṇaya (the famous Kṣemarāja's commentary on Spandakārikā-s) into Russian language. Since she has so far translated into Russian 42 aphorisms out of 53, she will be finishing her translation of the whole scripture sooner than later. Great effort!
- This week or the next one the first book of the upcoming collection of five volumes (for now) will be published at Amazon (and other on-line bookstores). In the meantime I am translating all my previous books in English into Spanish. I already finished three books: Trikamukhyamatāni, a chanting book, and the chanting book for the ritual of worship. They are in revision now and will be published during this year (sooner than later, I hope). I am currently translating Parabhairavayogasaṁsthāpanapracodanam into Spanish. All this work with books prevents me from publishing more often here, on my website. Hopefully, this will change in the future, when I finish my Spanish translations. It is about time then.
01/25/2021 - More translations: Read here!
- Our collaborators from Brazil, Paulo and Claudio, have translated into Portuguese up to the stanza 86 in Abhinavagupta's Paramārthasāra. This book is a complete mini-encyclopedia about Trika Shaivism. Everybody who is interested in this philosophy should read it. Massive effort! Congratulations!
- My wife and collaborator, Natalia Ambikā, has translated the second chapter of Spandanirṇaya into Russian. This chapter deals with the emergence of natural knowledge, i.e. it explains the theoretical and practical aspects of Śivavyāpti (inherence in Śiva). Huge effort!
- The first book of the upcoming collection of five volumes (for now) is being edited. It will be published sooner than later, I hope.
12/15/2020 - Tantric Sex: Final volume published!
- "Tantric Sex - Volume 2 (the final volume)" has been published on Amazon!
- Tired of the constant association of Tantra with sex alone, tired of so many distortions in the original teachings, etc., I decided to help alleviate the situation, a little at least. To do so, I decided, first, to translate the whole 29th chapter of venerable Tantrāloka into English, in which Abhinavagupta, its author, speaks about Tantric sex as a part of the complex Kula ceremony (Kula is one of the four schools of Trika Shaivism). Next, I began with the hard task of translating from Sanskrit the complete Jaryaratha's commentary on this very chapter. Finally, I added my own explanations when necessary. Many times, I did not need to explain anything at all since Abhinavagupta and Jayaratha were clear enough, but at other times I needed to add explanations of different extensions according to the complexity of the subject under discussion.
- In this final volume there is also a complete glossary of all the Sanskrit words which required an extra definition.
- My wife and collaborator, Natalia Ambikā, has translated the first chapter of Spandanirṇaya into Russian. Right now she is in the process of translating the second chapter. Expect a future update of this. Enormous effort!
- And right now I am about to finish the first volume in English of a new collection of four or five volumes (the topic will be a surprise!). Also, I plan to translate my books in Spanish in the future. Oh yes, it will be a great effort on my part.
11/16/2020 - Special news: Read here!
- My wife and collaborator, Natalia Ambikā, has translated a big portion of Spandanirṇaya into Russian since her start in May. She reached up to the aphorism I.21 by now. Great effort!
- Right now I am writing another book that is the first volume of a collection of three or four or five (still not deciding). When I finish with this first volume, I will upload the eight chapter of Tantrāloka (already fully translated in English and partly in Spanish). It is a massive chapter with more that 450 stanzas, hence the delay. My task writing books forces me to reduce my time updating this website, unfortunately. Anyway, now you have more Russian translations to quench your thirst for Trika knowledge!
10/05/2020 - Another book: Read here!
- "Tantric Sex - Volume 1 (out of two volumes)" has been published on Amazon!
- Tired of the constant association of Tantra with sex alone, tired of so many distortions in the original teachings, etc., I decided to help alleviate the situation a little at least. To do so, I decided, first, to translate the entire 29th chapter of venerable Tantrāloka into English, in which Abhinavagupta, its author, speaks about Tantric sex as a part of the complex Kula ceremony. Next, I started with the hard task of translating from Sanskrit the complete commentary by Jayaratha on this very chapter. Finally, I added my own explanations when necessary. Many times, I did not need to explain anything at all as Abhinavagupta and Jayaratha were clear enough, but at other times I needed to add explanations of different extensions according to the complexity of the topic under discussion.
- Every volume of this collection of two consists of around 500 pages. In the second volume there is also a complete glossary of all the Sanskrit words requiring an extra definition.
- Although I finished already the second volume, its edition is still in the works. It will be published as soon as possible.
- May you have so much delight reading this book as I had writing it!
07/02/2020 - New book: Read here!
- "Yajñagītapustakam: Chanting Book for the Ritual of Worship" has been published on Amazon!
- I am very happy to present for the first time a chanting book for the 'Yajña' or 'Ritual of Worship'. This small book contains all the mantra-s to successfully perform a 'standard' ritual of worship in the Tantric way. Additionally, I have included information about what to do in every portion of the ceremony. This kind of Worship is exceedingly permeated by the very core of Tantricism, including philosophical viewpoints as well as inner experiences.
- This standard Tantric ritual of worship is using the Śrīyantra. Why? Because this yantra or diagram (lit. machine) admits any deity. You can use it for worshiping Parabhairava or any other deity of your choice. That is why it is a 'standard' Tantric ritual of worship.
- What makes Tantric ritual unique is that during the act of worship, the practitioners go through the spiritual path, rendered outside as the ritual itself and experienced inside as the Reality behind.
- To fully learn how to perform the ritual, check this video where we are carrying out the full ceremony.
06/29/2020 - Tantrāloka: Chapters 6 and 7
- Now, a great announcement: Chapter 6 (part 1 and part 2) and chapter 7 in Tantrāloka are completely translated and published. This amounts to 323 new stanzas totally translated. Near 30% of the whole book is already finished then!
- The chapter 7 was extremely difficult to translate. Till now it is the most difficult chapter I have translated. It contains only 71 stanzas but, due to its difficulty, I had to read practically vast portions of the commentary by Jayaratha in order to understand what Abhinavagupta meant to say by all that.
- I am translating the chapter 8 beforehand as well. I reached the stanza 120 out of 452 by now!
- For you to have an idea of the size of my translations, take into account that Bhagavadgītā (using the same meter as Abhinavagupta here, in Tantrāloka... though Abhinavagupta uses longer meters now and then) contains 700 stanzas. So, with chapters 6 and 7 I translated almost half of Bhagavadgītā. And the total of stanzas I have already translated and published in Tantrāloka amounts to 1728... that is, it is almost 2.5 Bhagavadgītā-s... and I translated them into Spanish too! I mentioned all that for some of you to be patient while I am translating. Yes, it would be fantastic to finish Tantrāloka in one week, but this treatise is extremely long and complex. Without reading the commentary to some extent it is impossible to translate.
06/12/2020 - GOOD NEWS!: Read here!
- Good news!!!!: Trikamukhyamatāni - 'Main Tenets of Trika Shaivism' is now available in Kindle version at Amazon (the paper version is hopefully coming in a couple of days). As I explained in advance on the previous news, Trikamukhyamatāni is a ~350 pages book where I explain, in simple terms, the basic teachings of Trika Shaivism (a.k.a. Non-dualistic Kashmir Shaivism). I wrote the book totally in Sanskrit verse by using non-strict Ārya and Āryāgīti meters. It contains 27 stanzas by which I explain the '101' about Trika Shaivism. Of course, there is also the transliteration and translation of every stanza, plus long explanations in prose of their meaning.
- Additionally: I finished translating into English the chapter 6 in Tantrāloka. Now I am 'slowly' translating it into Spanish (a super boring task). I mitigate the massive boredom by already translating the chapter 7 (I translated the first 25 stanzas by now).
06/01/2020 - ANNIVERSARY: 21 YEARS!
ANNIVERSARY: 21 YEARS!
- We, all the collaborators, disciples and I, are very happy with this new anniversary of our free and ad-free website! We are celebrating!
- This year I did not publish a lot 'yet' because I was working on more books: (1) A ~350 pages book where I explain, in simple terms, the basic teachings of Trika Shaivism (a.k.a. Non-dualistic Kashmir Shaivism) is coming soon this month on Amazon; (2) A ~700 or 800 first volume (editing in process) where I explain Śāmbhavopāya (the highest type of practices) in Parabhairavayoga (a Non-dualistic Kashmir Shaivism-based Yoga I founded in 2016); (3) A ~1000 pages (divided into two volumes of ~500 each) book that is finished and in process of revision now, and that it will be published this year... it will be a surprise for all of you! I wrote the first two books in full Sanskrit from beginning to end. There are transliteration and translation, obviously. There is a fourth little book (less than 100 pages) about one of the rituals we perform in Parabhairavayoga, containing a brief explanation of the ritual itself and, of course, all the mantra-s and diagrams for you to be able to chant like us.
- As you can see, I never rest. If I am not working on the website, then I am writing books (~2200 pages of pure knowledge and mantra-s in all those four books). But for the rest of the year, I plan not to write more books (I will continue next year if this body is still alive!). I want to apply my efforts on the website itself. And I am in full process of translating the 6th chapter in Tantrāloka (I already translated into English 107 stanzas out of the 252 the chapter contains). I am devoting many hours to this extremely difficult chapter where Abhinavagupta is also speaking about astrology and mythology. So, I have to study astrology and mythology even more in order to be able to follow his teachings. With Abhinavagupta, due to his magnitude, everything is always uphill. This Master is not for the faint of heart, who just give up at the least obstacle. With Abhinavagupta, practically every stanza is an obstacle, I am not joking. OK, wish me luck!
- And now some statistical data. Remember that this website deals with topics that are not very popular in this childish world: (1) ~3000 visits daily. (2) The main countries visiting 'Sanskrit & Trika Shaivism' in 2020 are, in this order: United States, India, Russian Federation, Brazil, Spain, Hungary, Finland, China, Canada, Mexico, Great Britain and Argentina.
- Happy anniversary! Enjoy!
05/25/2020 - MORE GREAT NEWS!: Read here!
- More good news!!!! "Foundational principles of Parabhairavayoga" is now available in Kindle version too. This ~700 pages book contains the 92 foundational aphorisms of Parabhairavayoga (a Non-dualistic Kashmir Shaivism-based Yoga Gurujī founded in 2016) in Sanskrit, plus a short commentary also in Sanskrit written by Gurujī. All Sanskrit is obviously translated into English. Additionally, Gurujī has composed a complete explanation in English of the meaning of every aphorism and its respective commentary. The book also contains several charts and a vast glossary for readers to enjoy.
- Both the hardcover version and the Kindle version are now available in Europe too. Check this out: Kindle version in United Kingdom, hardcover version in Germany and United Kingdom.
05/17/2020 - More translations: Read here!
- By my command, my collaborator and wife, Natalia Ambikā, started to translate the sublime scripture called Spandanirṇaya (one of the most important scriptures in Trika Shaivism). Now she has finished to translate the first three documents into Russian language: Spandanirṇaya (Introduction and index), Spandanirṇaya I.1 and I.2, and Spandanirṇaya I.3 to I.5.
- It has been a very great effort on her part. Congratulations on that and keep it up with the rest of the scripture!
03/23/2020 - GREAT NEWS!: Read here!
- Good news!!!! "Foundational principles of Parabhairavayoga" has been published. This ~700 pages book contains the 92 foundational aphorisms of Parabhairavayoga (a Trika-based Yoga Gurujī founded in 2016) in Sanskrit, plus a short commentary also in Sanskrit written by Gurujī. All Sanskrit is obviously translated into English. Additionally, Gurujī has composed a complete explanation in English of the meaning of every aphorism and its respective commentary. The book also contains several charts and a vast glossary for readers to enjoy.
- This book is the culmination of decades of effort, study and spiritual service of Gurujī Gabriel Pradīpaka.
- Moreover, we are announcing that we have added, on our Parabhairava Gallery, all the pics related to the recent visit of Gurujī to Budapest!
03/13/2020 - Budapest: February-March
- Now we published a new playlist on our YouTube channel: Budapest, February 2020.
- In this new playlist we included all the videos for the two satsaṅga-s and the two-day seminar held by Gurujī in Budapest. The first satsaṅga dealt with: 'Who is meditating?'. The second satsaṅga dealt with: 'How to recognize the true Guru?'. The seminar dealt with selected aphorisms in 'Abhinavagupta's Paramārthasāra'. Paramārthasāra (lit. The essence of the Highest Reality) consists of 105 stanzas dealing with Trika philosophy in general. In this sense, it is like a practical handbook for spiritual aspirants desirous to attain Final Liberation. Gurujī not only explained those stanzas but also the respective commentaries by Yogarāja!
02/23/2020 - New translations: Read here!
- Our collaborator, Natalia Ambikā, after a great effort, translated these three pages into Russian language: 'How to decline numbers in Sanskrit', 'Tantrāloka: Chapter 1 - stanzas 151 to 300', 'Tantrāloka: Chapter 1 - stanzas 301 to 332'.
- Right now, she has started to translate 'Spandanirṇaya' as well.
- Congratulations and keep it up!
02/06/2020 - Tantrāloka: Chapter 29 (full)
- After millions of hours working, I completely finished the extremely abstruse... and maddening... 29th chapter in Tantrāloka (Part 1 and Part 2). In this chapter, the entire Kula's secret rite or procedure is taught by Abhinavagupta. One part of this rite consists in Tantric sex. That is why I translated this chapter before the predictable 6th chapter in Tantrāloka, in order to shed light on such a topic which has been excessively distorted by ignorant minds (specially in the West).
- Someone can find it difficult to understand this chapter. There is no surprise in this. That is why the Jayaratha's commentary exists. But obviously, to translate this commentary I will need more millions of hours. And this is not enough -except you are an accomplished scholar with a right understanding about these practices-, that is to say, I will have to explain the whole thing to you too. Oh well, the entire Tantrāloka is always too heavy, you know!
12/29/2019 - New pics and videos: Read here!
- On our YouTube channel, I published all the videos associated with my last visit to the Parabhairavayoga Center in Budapest.
- Also, on our Parabhairavayoga Gallery, I published a collection of pictures about that visit. To get the right pictures, you have to surf there through the categories till you reach the pics of November 2019.
- I am exactly in the middle of the process of translating more Tantrāloka stuff for you! I will publish a long chapter soon! Stay sharp!
12/16/2019 - Books: New feature!
- Amazon released 'Author Central', a new feature which permits all the authors to have their own profiles and books in one place. Of course, I created mine there and included the two books I have already published some time ago. Now you can reach my profile at Amazon and follow my updates: Books (there is a book icon in the navigation bar above for fast access).
- I already finished my fourth book totally in Sanskrit!
- The third book and the fourth book will be published soon at Amazon.
- Moreover, I plan to publish 15 books in a period of two years. Therefore, be ready to receive plenty of updates next year.
- Right now I am translating another chapter of Tantrāloka for you here!
11/10/2019 - Translations news: Read here!
- Natalia Ambikā was working very hard 'again' on her translations into Russian: (1) Sanskrit numbers (Cardinals), (2) Sanskrit numbers (Ordinals), (3) Tantrāloka - Introduction and (4) Tantrāloka - Chapter 1 (stanzas 1-150). Enormous effort! Congratulations!
- I am in the last part of the process of writing my fourth book totally in Sanskrit. It will be a 500 page book, I guess. I hope to publish it at the end of this year or beginning of the next year!
09/24/2019 - More news: Read here!
- I published on our 'Parabhairavayoga Gallery' website all the pictures taken during my stay in Budapest in August!
- Natalia Ambikā was working very hard on her translations into Russian: (1) How to write in Sanskrit, (2) First strokes 1, (3) First strokes 2, (4) Tables, and (5) Ancient Sanskrit characters. In this way, the translation of the entire Writing section is completed. Congratulations!
- I am still writing my fourth book totally in Sanskrit. I finished the first half!