|Download and install the indispensable font(s) to view Sanskrit in its full glory |
Read Transliterating (2) (English) to fully understand the transliteration system
A few additional recommendations
- When e-mailing us, please read first our conditions placed below the e-mail address itself.
- We are neither an online dictionary nor a translation service. We only teach Sanskrit and some other things related to it (e.g. Indian philosophies, meditation, etc.).
If you need a translation, visit this website:
If you need to find out the meaning of a Sanskrit word, consult this online dictionary:
Read Transliterating (2) (English) if you do not know Harvard-Kyoto (the transliteration system used by that site to enter Sanskrit terms in the search box).
- Do not ask too many questions at the same time in your mails.
- If you need to get a Sanskrit name, use the ISN (English) and not the e-mail. There are hundreds of names there.
- If you need to find some Sanskrit-related information on the Web, use our LINKS and not the e-mail. Since all relevant websites we find on the Web have a respective link there, it is useless to ask us about URLs via e-mail.
- Remember that you will need Firefox, Opera 9+, IE6+, etc. in order to view the Sanskrit characters properly.
- Sanskrit, Linguistics and Trika sections have their own FAQs. Read them for additional information about each of those sections. You can find all FAQs together in the English-Home - Help.
- Do not doubt to inform us about any typo or bug you may find. Also, tell us any suggestions you may have in order to improve our site. Use the e-mail to do so.
- We do not send unsolicited e-mails to anyone, but only respond the visitors' questions.
We update the website on a regular basis.
Well, this is the end of the Guided Tour. Good luck, visitor!
|Back to Technical FAQ|